8.03.2010

The land of plenty!

My landlord planted a large, two-plot vegetable garden out front for himself and his five tenants. When my bf and I saw him last, he was telling us we needed to harvest vegetables more frequently -- look at these cucumbers that went bad on the vine! We go out the next day to pick veggies, and discover these monstrosities (I used my cat for perspective):

Those would be some giant-ass zucchini. We talked about making stuff with them, but in the end I gave them to my far more cooking-savvy neighbors who will use one as a table decoration and do something crazy with the other one. Other than non-monster zucchini, we're enjoying tomatoes, eggplant, green/white/purple beans, cucumber, and have been eying the watermelon and corn. California summer ain't so bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment