6.18.2010

I don't know how the river got so wide

Whoa whoa. Ok, so many things. First of all, the Lakers won Game 7 last night. If you care/are excited about this, you should click here.

Ok. Second order of business. My workstudy boss was incredibly nice and gave me a little job (and a little raise) for the summer. Three days a week, takes care of my rent and car insurance. Still have days to go to the beach during the week, etc. It's nice. But something you should understand about CalArts is that the architecture of the main building is this horrible, labyrinthine, windowless bunker. I still get lost in that place, because every floor is identical (identical in that it's a maze with no sunlight). Being there during the summer is downright creepy. The usual places where people sit and practice their lines for a performance by themselves (or as my friend and I like to call it: schizo breezeway) is empty. The dancers aren't doing silly combination practice next to the gamalan studio. Everyone is gone. Obviously, this is obvious, as it's summer break. But along with the layout of this building, it's completely unearthly. My coworker put it best: "At certain corners of the building I expect to see blood to come gushing down the hallway." As long as I don't see creepy twins running around anywhere, I'll hopefully survive the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment